If you’re planning on using a natural tree this year, here are a few steps that can help you pick the right one.
- When picking a Christmas tree, look for good conical shape, uniform deep-green color, and stiff branches that can support Christmas ornaments.
- After cutting, shake the tree to remove any debris.
- Pull just-cut tree through a baler; the tight-fitting plastic netting will protect the branches during transport.
- Once home, use a handsaw to cut 1 or 2 inches from the base of the tree.
- Trim off some of the lower limbs using a handsaw.
- Put the base on the tree, then use a rubber mallet to tap the base’s spike into the tree.
- Carry the tree into the house with the base attached.
- Stand up the tree, cut away the netting, then adjust the base screws until the tree is perfectly straight.
- Fill the base with cold tap water and be sure to water your tree as needed.
With some care and watering, your tree should look good as you celebrate Christmas with your loved ones.
For any other questions and for all your landscaping needs, contact our offices in Los Gatos, CA to see how we can help you.